Flight Pad application
Flight pad application serves as a reader of educational materials, newsletters, pre-flight preparation and airport information. There is also possibility to upload own documents into application.
Download and install of application
To install application:
- Open this page in web browser
- Click on hyperlink install application in browser on your Ipad
- After that installation will be automatically executed
- There is necessary to make a registration to use this application. If you don´t have account, register online or ask Flying Academy staff for registration. Registration is required for documents synchronization between server and application. Data used are only for internal purposes and are not given to any other subject
- After finishing installation, run and log into application using your user name and password
- Instructions for using the application are stated below
Instructions for Using Flight Pad
Login to application
After application start up tap on Login- login form opens and there you enter your username, password and tap on login button in login window.
For first login into application there is need to have a connection to internet.
Login to application - login form
After successful login a Startup screen will be displayed.
After first login it is necessary to load a list of directories and documents. To do this, use icon in lower right corner in shape of circular arrow. After pressing this icon list of directories and files will be loaded into the application.
Icon Library serves for browsing in directory structure with documents which are for you accessible.
Next to icon Library there can be documents displayed which you have marked as favorites.
The button with name of logged user is used for login out of application.
Browsing in directory and files list
Tap on icon Library- list of directories and files will be displayed
To open directory, tap one time on the directory icon- content will be displayed
Each directory can contain files or next directories.
To return to parent directory, move your finger across the screen from left to right.
Browsing in directory and file list
Tap on the document icon to download document into application. If the file has been already downloaded, then the document opens.
If not, a window with a description of the document will appear. To download the document to the application, click the Download button.
Collective download of documents
To download multiple documents into application proceed with double-click on directory icon that contains required documents - a window will appear with a list of documents for downloading. Tick off the documents which you would like to download and then click Download.
Collective download of documents.
Opening and reading of document
To open a document, click on icon of required document - the document opens. Document to be read must first be downloaded to the application.
Operation with open document
Turn pages. Click on the right edge of document to see next page. Click on the left edge to see previous page. Turning pages can be done also with dragging your finger from left to right or right to left.
Zoom in, Zoom out. Zoom in or zoom out of document will be executed by spreading out or withdrawing two fingers on open document.
Operation with open document
Upload own documents
Each user has opportunity to upload its own PDF documents into reader.
Just send an e-mail with an attachment containing required pdf to address email@example.com.
Email has to be sent from e-mail address which was used for account registration. Emails from other email address will be deleted.
After sending email, there is necessity to wait 5 minutes. Proceed with login to application and synchronize your data. Document will then appear in your personal folder.
Personal folder is a directory in application named with your name and surname.
- Create an email with pdf in attachment which you want to upload into application
- Send an email to address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait 5 minutes
- Synchronize your data in application
- Now you have your document available in personal folder